Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wednesday: quilt show

Today I went to the large American Quilting Society's quilt show in Grand Rapids.  It was a lot of fun.  There were vendors and quilts and people and fabric and sewing machines and more quilts.  We got there right away which was nice...it wasn't quite so busy.  Two hours later it was getting hard to move without bumping into people.

The fabric was gorgeous, but I restrained myself and didn't buy much.  Mostly because I don't have any patterns in mind right now that I want to make.  I did get a panel fabric that I'm going to make into a book for Isaac...that way I don't have to be worried about him eating it.

The display quilts were amazing.  Some were amazing but I could probably make something similar (although the quality might not be as good) and some were amazing and there's no way I could make it.  I actually liked the former a lot more, as they can give me ideas for quilts I might want to make.  (I was able to take pictures, but sadly I can't post them.  I kind of wish I hadn't read the photography policy on the web, but I did.)

Overall, it was a great time.  Made even better by the fact that Ben stayed home with Isaac, so I was child free.

No comments: