Friday, August 17, 2012

Thursday: rain, food

There was a lovely thunderstorm today.  Ahh.  I do love the rain and am glad we've been getting more of it.

I also spent a lot of time in the kitchen today.  I made some baby food and some curry.  The curry is probably the meal that takes the longest for me to make.  There's a good hour of active cooking plus some simmering time.  This time I started it an hour earlier than normal so I wasn't feeling rushed and it was probably one of the best batches I've made.  (It might also help that I remembered to put in the salt.)  Luckily, it also makes 3.5 meals so even though it takes a while I now have two very fast meals to pull out of the freezer.

1 comment:

Christen said...

Oooh, I may need you to teach me how to make your special Curry recipe!