Saturday, June 8, 2013

Saturday: a parable brought to life

The Parable of the Lost Coin

“Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins[a] and loses one. Doesn’t she light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it?And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.’ 10 In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”  Luke 15: 8-10 NIV (biblegateway.com)

Isaac had lost two coins from his piggy bank toy.  Ben and I have been looking all over for them this last week.  I found them this morning!  They were in the front of his bus toy...hard to see unless you're at the correct angle and the colors were the same, making them even harder to spot.

So today we celebrated!!  I know, it's not the same as having a person come to Christ, but it did remind me how exciting such an event is.  We started with donuts.

Then Isaac played so well in the morning while Ben was sleeping.  He probably played for about two hours with minimal interventions from me, which is a huge change from the last several weeks.  I enjoyed it with a lot of quilting time.  This afternoon we went the library, the new frozen yogurt place, and the Peanut Store.  After dinner we spent a bit rolling the coins back and forth.  Well, Ben and I rolled the coins.  Isaac yelled excitedly and ran around.  

(We still have all the coins.)

It was a great day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a store that just sells peanuts?
-Dusty

betsy said...

did you go to the wave place or the leaf place? (I forget the names but have looked at both and wanted to go! we actually tried yesterday morning but we were there at 11 and they don't open til 11:30)