Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Tuesday: colonoscopy

Today I had a colonoscopy.  I won't hold you in suspense; everything looked fine.

Actually, this prep even went better than the last one if I recall correctly.  The procedure was a little different and I had to wake up at 4:30am to drink the second batch of medicine.  But maybe because of that it was a little better over all.  I'm still amazed at the drugs they use to put me out.  You'd think that maybe I would remember closing my eyes, but I don't.  We were talking (or the doctors were talking) and then suddenly I was being wheeled back to my room.  Surprisingly, I do remember a lot after that.  The anesthesiologist said I should sleep for about fifteen more minutes.  The doctor said everything looked good.  Cheryl said I didn't ask too many dumb questions.

So, three cheers for a good result.  

No comments: