Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Tuesday: pictures and swimming

We put up some new pictures on the picture wall today.  Joshua LOVED playing with the envelopes and several times cried when I picked him up to do something else.







Isaac had his first swimming lesson.  He had fun doing the games and wants to go back next week. He did let go of the wall once when they were hand walking on the wall, giving me a slight heart attack, but the instructor quickly got him.  I went up to him and he was surprisingly unphased and went right back to the lesson.  He told Ben about it later, so it was a memorable experience, but "the teacher got me".  So I think the whole incident scared me more than him.  The class size was also a bit bigger than I was hoping for considering that they need a lot of personal attention.  

During the whole lesson Joshua just cuddled on my shoulder and it was really nice.



Below he is the second kid from the top and is putting his ear in the water.







(Side note: the life guard had to rescue a child that wasn't part of the group.  Hooray for life guards, who really have a hard job.  I think that all the time.  Most of their work is really, really boring, but then there are thirty seconds where it is really, really important.)

1 comment:

betsy said...

Are you doing lessons at mvp?