Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Wednesday: 45 months

Isaac turned 45 months today.  He was rather stubborn about not letting me take a picture of him, so this one is the only one I got.  Well, I took another that I wasn't supposed to, but it isn't very good.


Favorites: Isaac seems to have lots of favorites lately...
*color: black, hands down
*stuffed animal: Giraffe.  Giraffe is still full of sad emotions, especially when Isaac leaves him.  The other day his first name (Giraffe) was taken by some clouds, but no one had told giraffe what his new first name was yet.
*dinner: chicken and tots...it's his "very best favorite"
*meal: peanut butter 'tella
*sweet food: donuts.  (Hooray!  He helps my donut addiction.)
*mom: Me.  I'm told several times a day that I'm the best mom in the whole world.
*dad: Ben.  Ben regularly gets emails that have videos saying "I love you Dad" because Isaac is so sad that Ben had to leave.

He still has some pretty strong emotions, but I feel like they're more under control than they were last month.  He isn't crying every day and time out has again become more rare.  However, his crying now includes some screaming...the good part?  He's usually calm soon after the scream gets out.

I also wanted to mention that I feel he is trust-worthy.  (Or at least as much as can be expected with a 45 month old.)  The other day I asked him to put himself in bed for rest time.  And he did!  He doesn't always do what we ask him to do right away, but he will at least tell us that he doesn't want to do it.  When we convince him that he does have to do it, I can leave the area and know that he will do it.  (Although, I'll admit, not always as fast as I was expecting him to do it.)

We had about a week where he said "poop"  all the time.  I think we got rid of it.  It was a combination of a lot of people telling him it wasn't nice to say and the threat of a bad taste in his mouth.

He rarely has toilet accidents anymore, even at night.

School seems to be going well.  He goes right into his classroom without a backwards glance.  (He is also super excited to see me when I come to pick him up, so it works well both ways.)  He can spell and write his name.  (Not very neatly, but he can.)  He can color inside lines, trace objects, and understands how to do simple math.

Several people have mentioned this month that he suddenly seems older.  The toddler is all gone, replaced by a very fun preschooler.

No comments: