Sunday, December 6, 2015

Sunday: a busy day

Today ended up being a bit busier than expected, partially due to poor planning.  I had nursery this morning and therefore had to wake Joshua up and he was not so excited about that idea.  So then we were running about five minutes late.  Not a huge deal, but I wanted to be on time and felt rushed.

Nursery was going well until one of the kids had a very dirty diaper.  The other helper was changing it and all the other kids decided to cry.  I could only help three at a time, which left one crying.  If I tried shifting them around, they all cried for a bit and the the one left out continued to cry.  Yeah.  I feel like nursery is either really boring or a bit too exciting.  I finally went upstairs to pick up Isaac and his room was completely empty.  I freaked out just a bit.  Not in a "I think my son is in danger" but a "I think my son might be wandering around this big church with tall people in it."  As I was going to get the person in charge I glanced in a different room and found him.  Phew.  They had just changed rooms.  I'm still not sure why, but next time I won't get worked up until I check both.

Bible study was at our house at noon.  The house was mostly clean still from Friday, but there was still some cleaning and prepping to finish up.  Ben was finishing getting ready, Joshua was extra sad, but at least Isaac was cleaning up his train track...we ended up being ready with out any problems (and even got some extra cleaning done) but it wasn't how I imagined that hour going.  The time with our friends was very nice though.

I had a nice nap and then Ben went to get his hair cut.  We had dinner.  We cleaned up the Legos (more pictures to follow).  After the boys' bedtime I happily retreated to my quilting though.  I was ready for some alone-with-my-own-head time.

No comments: