Thursday, December 31, 2015

Thursday: New Year's Eve

Happy New Year's Eve!

Today the boys and I went to a Happy Noon Year party, hosted by the library.

We put stickers on some hats,

Wrote our wishes for next year (I think the bell was upside down when he wrote his name).

 Went through the photo booth,

danced (Joshua actually had a pretty fun time dancing, even if you can't really tell in the picture),

 watched balloons drop at noon, and

popped bubble wrap.

My review overall - not great, not too bad.  They did an excellent job with so many kids.  However, the audio system wasn't great and it was kind of hard to hear.  I could definitely see going next year, but we might aim to show up a bit later.

At home I finished my kitty steps.  As our kitty is aging I am becoming afraid that the jump up to her food could be too much.  However, she did not seem interested at all in using the steps.  They are very solid.


Lastly, we used one of the Netflix countdowns to ring in the New Year before the boys went to bed.



Both boys enjoyed the sparkling grape juice, which wasn't very sparkling.  I have a great photo of Joshua drinking the juice from my wine glass and me looking slightly worried.  However, I decided not to post it...it seemed too much like I was letting my underage son have wine and not proactively stopping it.

2 comments:

betsy said...

Cute pics! Glad you mostly enjoyed the noon party!

Anonymous said...

The noon year party and Netflix countdown were great ideas! Even night owls like me could get on board with those options.

Maybe strategically placed treats could lure/encourage Flurry up the steps to her food. You are good cat mom for proactively thinking of ways to make life easier for her as she ages.

Happy New Year!

Annette B.