Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Tuesday: found

1. Today I found one of Joshua's lovies.  It had been at daycare.  I've been looking for it since Wednesday, so it must have dropped out of the bag Tuesday night.  (Or, more likely, out of his hands.)  It was then put in the wrong cubby at daycare, and I just happened to notice it as I was putting away his things.  We were about two hours away from buying a new one...we have one and a half other ones that work for him, but having two good ones is nice.  (The half one was a desparate night one night when we realized one had been left at day care and one was missing.  I had the right materials in the closet, and so made one.  It's terribly put together, but it has the right feel.

2. Later today I found out that there had been a change to Moodle, the class site where the students upload most of their work.  Today there was an exam and there was an extra large file to upload. Moodle had worked fine in the past.  Of course, it didn't work fine today.  Students can't email me the file because it is too big.  Blah blah blah.  They ended up putting their work in a public folder and then I transferred the files into a private folder so I could delete the ones in the public folder.  Then I had to put them on flash drives for the graders.  It sounds so simple now, but trying to figure something out and trying to figure out why this was happening was a pain.  But hey, I came up with a solution, even if it wasn't a very good solution...that's half the battle, right?  (Also, I think the problem is fixed.  But it took someone with more background in the class 20 minutes of discussion with IT as to why it should be fixed.)

No comments: