Monday, February 15, 2016

Monday: unexpected

Today did not go as expected.  I think I expected to get groceries.  Instead I dealt with the flat tire and sickness.

The flat tire:
Cons: the tire was flat, and so the kids and I spent a little over an hour waiting for it to be fixed.
Pros: It was flat in the garage, I have now changed out a tire all by myself, I've figured out how to get the jack out of the trunk (Ben actually figured it out.), the waiting room had a nice play area, they were able to patch the tire, and there was no where else I needed to be today.

Isaac got a virus or something which made it very painful to walk on his right leg.
Cons: Isaac didn't walk for most of the day and there were several bathroom accidents.
Pros: Isaac was a trooper...although I think the extra TV and Ipad time probably helped, I talked to a nurse without having to wait long on the phone and she suggested not coming in, he was doing much better around dinner time, and I didn't have to work today.

I'm pretty sure I was a funny sight at the fix-it shop though; carrying the eldest child and making the younger one walk.

2 comments:

betsy said...

Impressive! I've never changed a tire! I've always been able to blow it up to hobble along somewhere or had roadside assistance come out if I was on the side of the road. What tire place did you find with a kids play area?

betsy said...

Impressive! I've never changed a tire! I've always been able to blow it up to hobble along somewhere or had roadside assistance come out if I was on the side of the road. What tire place did you find with a kids play area?