Thursday, February 4, 2016

Tuesday: sick

Last night Joshua came down with croup.  Isaac has had it before, although not quite this bad, but I kind of knew what to expect.

I brought him to daycare, but wasn't sure he would stay.  The teacher suggested that he not stay, so my backup plan was to just bring him with me.  He went in the carrier.  During the morning I thought it wasn't a bad thing to keep him out of daycare...he was a bit sleepy and lethargic, but part of me thought he probably would have been ok.

Then, in the middle of the next class something happened and I decided he was not ok.  I'm not really sure what it was...maybe a cough that sounded different?  Anyway, I made a doctor's appointment.

We went and by that time I was so glad that we did.  He had a temperature and was so lethargic and his breathing was rather laboured.  Well, the NP gave him a steriod, a gas to breathe (I forgot what it was) and a prescription for more gas, the gas machine, and an antibiotic.  Wowzers.  We came home and gave him Tynenol.

By dinner time he had started to perk up.  His breathing was still not so good, but he was running around and we even saw some smiles.  (Not the best idea, but try telling that to a one year old.)

Here's hoping to a good night that isn't spent on the couch.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Friday is a better day.

Annette B.

The Accidental Boilermaker said...

Feel better Joshua

Unknown said...

Oh, not good! Hope he is feeling better soon!

betsy said...

Did you know it was croup somehow or not until you went to the doc? No fun! Hope the nebulizer helps him heal quickly!

betsy said...

Did you know it was croup somehow or not until you went to the doc? No fun! Hope the nebulizer helps him heal quickly!