Saturday, September 10, 2016

Friday: unexpected

Today held several unexpected things.  Most were the boring sort of unexpected - plans changed, Joshua fell down a lot, Isaac sang some interesting songs.  But two stood out.

1. The boys and I were going down the escalator for the fourth time (!!) and the escalator caught my skirt.  I freaked out for a second and got a death grip on it, yanking most of it from the claws of sure embarrassment.  It only ate a very small piece.  I'm not really sure how it happened...it's not as though my skirt was dragging on the ground.  We continued to ride the escalator two more times because it is super fun.

2. We came home from dinner at it was about a half hour before bed time.  Ben and I were talking, taking off our shoes, etc., and looked over at the boys.  Isaac was brushing his teeth and Joshua was trying to put toothpaste on his toothbrush.  Ok, bedtime it is!  I expect Isaac started this and Joshua followed, but we're not really sure.  Routine definitely worked in our favor this time; once they started we didn't let them stop.

No comments: