Monday, September 12, 2016

Sunday: non adventures

Sunday.

The day started out with Ben and I "teaching" the Sunday school class Isaac is in.  There was no lesson though, so it was just an hour of play.  While I'm happy to help out and think that this is super, super important, it is also so draining.  At the end of the hour I felt as though all my reserves had been used up for other kids and I didn't have much left for my own.  (It was a good thing we had played Duplos for a bit before church.)

Sunday is cleaning day.  The house looks pretty nice.  Isaac's bedroom...does not look so nice.  We had some tears at the beginning because he wanted to do his search and find and I said no.  I realized that I was in error about five minutes later, and he calmed down.  (Technically, the rules are no ipad and no playing with mom or dad until the room is clean.)  We had more tears later as I was trying to get him to recycle a few pieces from his art wall.  Not very many, just a few.  I almost gave in because the difference of saving three pieces of paper versus recycling them is dumb, but didn't because he also needs to learn how to get rid of things.

After dinner Isaac and Joshua had a great time playing tag.  (Remember, no parent play?  It worked nicely for everyone.)  They coexisted in the bath very well too.  Isaac's room is barely cleaner than it started out today.  He did get Joshua to pick up a few toys for him, which in all honesty is probably pretty fair.  Joshua takes some toys out too.

No comments: