Monday, September 5, 2016

Monday: Labor Day

Labor Day started out with the truck parade.  The trucks were super late...maybe about a half hour?  For a ten minute parade, that's a decent chunk of time.  However, they were all in the same group this year, instead of two groups of years past.  So that was good.

Isaac and Joshua had fun playing with Ethan and Leah ahead of time, and I talked with Betsy, so the wait wasn't too bad.

Look!  The trucks are coming!

The boys did a really good job.  Joshua cuddled up with me due to the loud horns, but wasn't crying.  Isaac covered his ears.  About half way through we went to the car.  I'm not really sure it was any quieter because I left a door open for air, but having the window there made it feel a lot safer.

We watered the flowers when we got home; Isaac did an awesome job on his bike.  I still wouldn't say we're going fast, but I only had to stop once or twice because he was going so slow.

And I'm sure all of you are wondering whether or not Isaac got FroYo...he did.  He finished cleaning his room about an hour before it was time to go.  Which means he also got his screen time.  Phew.