Sunday, October 23, 2016

Delayed - Disney

Cheryl, Allison, Jamie, and I went to Disney last weekend.  It was a packed weekend full of fun!  (Warning - picture overload ahead.)

Friday during the day we did Epcot.  One of the main reasons we were there was to do the Food and Wine festival, so we did lots of eating (and some drinking).  We stayed at the Beach resort which was just a short walk into Epcot.  (Short if you go the correct way.  Jamie and I had a hard time following arrows this trip.  But...I think it could have been marked better.)



We did some of the rides and saw Mickey, Goofy, and Minnie.  The weather was warm, but there were often clouds so it felt nice.



 We picked out oysters to get pearls.  I got a blue pearl and it was perfect.  It is now a necklace.

In the evening we went to the Not-so-scary Halloween Party.  We dressed up as the emotions from Inside Out.  Joy and Sadness were the most recognized and we kept hearing, "Sadness" or "Joy and Sadness" from everyone around us.  We first stopped by Mickey.  It was a bit scary at first.




Then we watched the parade.  It was probably one of my favorite parades ever.  It was probably due to all the choreographed dancing.


We went trick-or-treating.  (They gave out handfuls of candy at each stop and it was awesome.)  We went on a few rides, including the mine ride.  I think that is one of my favorites, although it feels just a bit short.

Saturday Allison had to leave. :(  The rest of us went to Hollywood Studios for a few rides.
After a short stop at Disney Springs, Jamie and I headed to Animal Kingdom.  We mainly went to do the roller coaster, but decided we had enough time for the Safari too.  It was rather dark by the time we finally got to the safari, but since they hadn't closed yet we went for it anyway.  The weather was perfect so the least that would happen would be a nice ride.  We saw bunches of animals though!  Hippos, elephant, assorted grazing beasts, alligators, and, best of all, the lions.  The male lion was pacing and growling as we went by.

Sunday we had a quick stop at the pool, did one last ride at Epcot, ate some more food, and sadly said goodbye.  My favorite drink was the limoncello, my favorite food was Schinkennudeln from Germany, and all the desserts were delicious.


It was wonderful to have a vacation...I've been needing one.  Near the end I wished the boys were with me as we were doing something fun, but then I would remember that I waited 30 minutes to do this fun thing and was glad they weren't there. :)

1 comment:

betsy said...

Love all the pictures and stories. What a great trip!!! ❤