Monday, October 3, 2016

Several days ago: 57 months, 26 months

Isaac turned 57 months several days ago.


He is becoming quite the "project" maker.  Some tape, some paper, and assorted other things and he's a happy camper.  He's started saving bit of this and that for his projects.


His real name is Puppy Dog and his last name is Isaac.

Oh, I feel like I had all sorts of things I wanted to talk about this month, and now can't remember any.  He is able to get in and out of the car and do his seat belt all by himself.  It might take a bit, but he can get it.

This month is marked by an increase in tears.  Ben was talking to him about stuff and he started crying and remarked, "I'm crying and I'm not even trying to!"  It was actually an appropriate time to cry; having to walk over the grass in my flipflops is not a good time.


He's becoming more independent but still loves to have us around.  He and Joshua have started playing together a lot more too, so that's been nice.

Joshua turned 26 months.

He didn't really want to pose for pictures today.  The mark on his forehead is from a marker; he enjoys coloring still.


It's been a rough month for Joshua.  Sleeping issues were more or less solved by leaving the door open, but he still confirms with me all the time that I'll leave it open.  (So I guess the wall really was the problem.)  He just seems a bit grumpier than normal.  He is still happy often, but not as often as normal.

We started potty training more and it's been going very well.  Daycare said he could be in underwear, and Thursday went very well.  (Of course, once he got home it didn't go so well.)  Some days are better than others.  He still likes to get his treats from Isaac, who is inventive in what he calls them and in the delivery of them.


Joshua cares a lot about his food, especially the lack of food near dinner time, but still doesn't eat all that much.  Bother - I feel like I had a lot to say for Joshua too, but have forgotten it.  I'll try to put in little bits at a time instead of all at once.


No comments: