Monday, June 26, 2017

Monday: blah

Today was not one of our awesome days.

It started out fine...a little extra driving for an errand and then swimming lessons.  The day was cold (an expected high of 63 or so), but the pool heater was turned on and no one was shivering.  Isaac said he liked these better than the ones last year, although he missed the free time from last year.  Both boys had lessons, each a half hour long.  I like the half hour lesson.  Just when I'm ready to be done it is almost time for the lesson to be done too.

We made a quick Meijer run and got home.  The carpet cleaner was coming!

Joshua did not enjoy the carpet cleaner.  It was noisy.  Isaac asked a lot of questions though.  But our play space was limited and it was cold outside and Joshua was clingy and I was tired.  Argh.  We finally made it through, and the boys had their screen time and I had my nap.  It didn't help as much as normal though.

We had an hour before we had to leave for dinner.  I had two ripe bananas, so we decided to make banana bread.  However, I had no eggs.  Last grocery shopping trip I had two egg containers.  Well, one container had three eggs and one container had one egg and we used them all up.  (Luckily, there was a small grocers next to the restaurant, but it was still one more thing.)  While Isaac had been pretty good throughout the day, he often asked something and I'd give him an answer he didn't like.  So he'd ask again.  And again a bit later.  Most days I might not have noticed it, but today it drove me up the wall.

The boys did make a fort tonight and played, but they didn't seem to be having as much fun as last night.  I gave them a 10 minute warning earlier (although still way after their normal bedtime) and they said they were ready for bed then.

No comments: