Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Tuesday: home

We're home!  I hope to get pictures from the final few days up shortly.

We left Monday night and the trip home went very well.  I did a few stops on exit ramps to arrange this or that, but it was easy to quickly get back on the highway.  Chicago was so easy to get through, along with Indiana.  There was some construction in Indiana that looked like it could be a nightmare, but I breezed right through it.

My goal had been to get through Chicago and the three lane highway.  I was still doing well, so we went all the way home.  (Isaac really wanted a hotel.  At all the gas stops he pointed them out to me.)  I was rather buzzed though; I had been a bit nervous about driving so long with two little boys.  I did a few email things and went to bed because it was super late, but it still took me a while to get to sleep.

Today I had planned to sleep in, staying on central time and having breakfast/TV ready for the boys.  But Joshua needed just a bit too much help and then I was awake thinking of everything that I needed to do today.  So I got up and got started.  It was a busy day, but good.

1 comment:

betsy said...

So you flew one way and rented a car the other way? You're a rock star mom!