Thursday, June 8, 2017

Thursday: could have gone better.

We got on each others' nerves today.  I don't think we've had this many tears/yelling in quite a while.

While there were a variety of things that we didn't agree about today, one of the problems was that we had a zillion spills in the last 24 hours.  I only lost my cool during one, which tipped over a glass of tasty water onto the Ipad.  This is tasty water from some crazy process that Isaac and Joshua were doing and was very potent and was rather hard to clean up.  I dumped a bunch down the drain in a frenzy and that caused crying.  Semi-justified crying I suppose, but I was so sick of cleaning up spills.  Needless to say, there is a new rule...it either needs a lid or needs to be in the fridge.  This wouldn't have helped most of the spills today, but maybe my counter won't be so cluttered with water cups.


We also had the following conversation.
A: who drew on the wall?  (I didn't lose my cool with this one as I knew the marker in the bathroom would be easily removed.)
Isaac: oh, that was me.
A: why didn't you clean it up?
I: because it was pretty.
A: no more drawing on walls.

In good news we went on a boat ride and had some donuts.  Ben will be home later tonight.  And tomorrow is a new day.

No comments: