Thursday, June 29, 2017

Thursday: groceries

Today was grocery day.  A bunch of people are coming to our house next week, so I decided to bite the bullet and go to multiple grocery stores.  Usually I go to one per week.  If it is a week with mostly basic stuff, I go to Aldi.  If it has additional odd stuff, I go to Meijer.  Aldi is cheaper and much faster.  Meijer has more selection and donuts.  Anyway.  I called in reinforcements (Aunt C) because I was not going to go grocery shopping with two kids to three stores.  They all had a good time playing together and I finished all the grocery shopping in a little bit longer than a normal/large week.

It seems as though we now have enough food for an army, but my guess is that we'll have a lot of some things left over and need to go to the store for a few additional items.  It's hard to estimate how much food is needed.  I tried to get only things that we will eat after everyone leaves and that can last a while or be frozen.

Ok.  I have a grocery store rant though.  I've had this rant for a while and think about it every time I'm buying 12 packs of pop.  I usually plan on putting it on the blog, but then something more interesting happens and I forget.

Why are the boxes stacked on their sides so that I can't put my hand in the shelf, pop down the thingies to make the handle, and easily pull the box out of the shelf?  If it was stacked that way, I could get two at a time.  But they are stacked on their sides, so it takes me two hands to get one box and it's awkward to maneuver.  I just don't understand.

No comments: