Thursday, June 22, 2017

Thursday: Biking, bubbles, and banners

We rode our bikes around the lake today.  It was a short ride, as they go, but I changed Isaac's training wheels from a little wobbly to very wobbly.  At first I was 'afraid' that he wouldn't really feel the difference, but about 1/3 of the way around he had a good balance.  It was probably only a second or two, but enough that we both realized it.  I was glad because now he at least knows what is good balancing.  (It turns out training wheels are loud.  It is a great thing, because then you know if you're balancing.  I never realized that about them before.)

We went to a bubble program through the library.  We saw a square bubble. (Link.  See bubble wonders library life interview, 1:19).  At story time yesterday it was mentioned that someone would get to be in a bubble, and Isaac mentioned several times that he wanted to be in a bubble.  He sat near the front but was not chosen.  I told him at the end if he was patient he could ask the presenter when most of the people had left, although the presenter might say no.  Well, Isaac was able to get in a bubble.


Joshua did it too.

It was a noisy afternoon and evening.  The boys played together a lot, but that also meant there was a bit more bickering than normal this afternoon.  They were also loud.  It got on my nerves, but I think that was more my problem than theirs.  They were playing some chase game in the evening that they were loving and they were happy and entertained, but I was also very glad to put them to bed.

Here are the banners.  They're really streamers, but the alliteration in the title was nice.  Isaac wanted to do this last summer and I finally got around to it.  Joshua said that they tickled.

No comments: