Monday, June 12, 2017

Monday: the day

This morning we had a pest inspector come to look in the attic; a few night ago I heard an animal.  The boys were interested in what she was doing, and she said she was going to see if there were any animals in the attic.  Joshua said, "Monkeys?" with a hopeful lilt.  "No," she replied, "although that would make my job more interesting."  "Elephants?" Joshua tried next.  "I think those would probably have fallen through the ceiling," she responded.

It turns out we have some bats.  Not many.  Good since bats aren't too bad for anything, but they're rather expensive to get rid of.

We played outside for a bit after that.  Joshua wanted to bounce some balls.  Isaac made an elaborate sidewalk chalk obstacle course.


There were lots of lasers, arrows and bombs to jump over.  Then there was a section where I had to answer jokes correctly.  Things like, "how did the chicken cross the road?"  (It flew.  I got it wrong.)  "How did the chicken get in a jam jar?" (It got jammed.  I got it wrong on a technicality.)  "How did the chicken get on top of the house?"  (It jumped.  I received partial credit for saying it flew.)  I eventually only responded with "it flew" and so the questions changed so that I gave the right answer.  Then I had to do the chicken dance before I reached the end.

What else...Isaac has a science camp this week.  He seemed to enjoy the first of four days.  (Although he was sad not to get quiet time and ipad time today.)

1 comment:

betsy said...

Could she get rid of the bats right away? We had our fair share of those growing up - not fun!