Sunday, January 21, 2018

Cruise, Day5: cozumel

Today brought us to Cozumel.

But first we went down to breakfast.  I noticed this server's name was Isaac and pointed it out to Isaac...he made us a origami Nemo (which we left at the table :(  ).  But it was fun to see him around the rest of the cruise.  Isaac thought it was cool to find someone else with his name.

Joshua wanted his picture by the Mickey Mouse.

We had a little bit of time before our excursion, and so we hung out in our room.  It was pirate night, and Joshua was ready for it!  (Also, I almost didn't bring the Duplos because they are so big but I'm glad I did.  I'm always glad that I did...the boys can get so much play out of a ziplock full of them.)

I managed to get one whole picture of our room.  I wanted to get some right after housekeeping had come, but thought I'd grab this one in case I forgot.  Good thing.  Anyway, Isaac got the top bunk and he loved it.  It folds into the ceiling and they would have done that every day, but we asked them to leave the beds up.  It gave us a bit more room, as crazy as that sounds, and was better for naps. To the right there is a desk and to the left there is a bed.  While not spacious, we also had plenty of room.

Our excursion for the day was a tour of a Mayan Chocolate ...thingy.  It was heavy on the tour and light on the chocolate.  I was hoping that we would be able to see the actual factory and learn about the supply chain to get ingredients and some of the issues affecting chocolate growing.  Instead we got a five minute explanation about the history, a five minute demo on how they used to make chocolate, and assorted other local information.  The chocolate information was good.  The rest was ok.  There were also many samples, which was nice.  After this we went back in the bus, drove around to a tourist stop, and then drove back to the boat.  The guide did a good job explaining the local culture, but I was very glad that I had brought screens for the boys.  Overall, I'd rate it 'ok.'  It didn't really meet my expectations, but wasn't bad either.

This is Joshua drinking a chocolate frosty.  It was delicious.

This is at the tourist stop.



That night for dinner we had mango soup.  It was delicious!!  I had two bowls.  Ben had a migraine and was upstairs, so I asked for some to bring to him.  They gave me three bowls. :)  

 That night was pirate night!  We didn't dress up much, although both boys had pirate shirts on.  I had some hats that Joshua didn't want to wear and Cheryl had eye patches.  I wore a bandanna...a rather normal style for me.

We stayed up late for fireworks and a pirate show.  Joshua really liked the fireworks.

No comments: