Saturday, January 20, 2018

Friday: tonight

Well, I had been looking forward to a relaxing evening of computer games and quilting.  (Side note: I wanted to get my sewing machine a tune-up and the wait list is currently three weeks out.  However, I can't sign up and bring my sewing machine in in two weeks.  I can't get in the queue without bringing my sewing machine in.  It seems a bit ridiculous to me.)

Then at 6:45pm Joshua said he wasn't feeling well.  At 7:15pm, while we were putting him to bed and reading books he threw up.  All over.  I changed everything.  At 7:30, as we were settling down to books again, he threw up.  Most of it got in the bucket this time, but not enough to save the sheets.  (Side note: we had borrowed two copies of the book that we were reading, so we were able to continue in a clean copy.  It stayed clean.)  At 8:15 he threw up again, and since he was alone and had probably been asleep it was all over the place again.  (The volume was thankfully less though.)  I moved to the couch with him since I was out of sheets where he proceeded to throw up about every 15 minutes for the next two to three hours.  Luckily there was nothing left in his stomach, so handling it was easy.

I left him in his room, where he wanted to be, with some pedialite because he was really thirsty.  The frequency had dropped considerably, so I thought we'd try it.  He kept some water down, and I haven't heard anything from the first few sips of pedialite.  Hopefully we're almost over this stage.  However, when I left him he was also wide awake.  Hopefully my leaving him also will help him go to sleep.


(I felt about like I did when pregnant.  A small child, calling Ben to do easy tasks like get me water, and a throw up spot.)

In other news, we got Valentines today and Isaac got right to work.  He has about a third finished...we'll see if the novelty has worn off or if he'll finish the rest easily.

1 comment:

betsy said...

Oh no!!! just after we were texting about the stomach bug! Praying the rest of you stay healthy! And good job, Isaac :) I am curious, which characters did he choose on his valentines?