Friday, January 26, 2018

Friday: laundry

Let's talk about laundry.  Mostly, the folding of it.

Folding laundry seems like something anyone should be able to do.  But it turns out there are many nuances.  For example, the kids socks.  You need to know that any that have letters on the bottom are Joshua's.  You need to know that some have the same design and are different sizes, the larger size for Isaac and the smaller for Joshua.  You need to know that currently Isaac and Joshua are wearing the same size sock (although Joshua's have shrunk some), so you can't go on size alone.  A long time ago I decided to make Ben's socks all the same kind.  Because of the kids' sock issues, I've decided I'm not going to fold Ben's socks anymore.  I'm just going to dump them in his sock drawer and he can pull out two.  They're all the same and don't wrinkle.  Why am I folding them?

You also need to know that, during the summer, Isaac can wear some 2T shorts but most of the 2T shorts are Joshua's.  Beyond that sizing is pretty obvious, with the exception of a few T-shirts that Joshua has that are way too big for him.

I was telling Joshua that I didn't want to do laundry anymore at lunch time, and he said I didn't have to.

A: Are you going to do it?
J: No.
A: Are we going to wear dirty clothes?
J: No.
A: Who's going to do the laundry?
J: Dad.  He's the biggest.

No comments: