Saturday, July 18, 2020

Saturday: fruit

Raspberries are starting!  I had one crazy outlier that ripened about two weeks ago, but today there were three.  I saw a few more that will be ready in a few days and lots of blossoms!

We made orange bread this afternoon.  This was one of my favorite foods when I was working at Resthaven, and I hope that this bread lives up to that one.  I was a bit disappointed in the glaze; it was more of a sauce that somewhat soaked in.  I'm sure it's orangy though.

We got a fruit tray from some friends earlier this week and sadly finished it up today.  The fruit was delicious and the fruit dipped in chocolate was even more delicious.  I might need to do that on a more regular basis.

We got an email from the school today asking if we wanted to do in-person learning or virtual learning.  (Hybrid learning is still on the table, but that wasn't an option with this email.)  It has stressed me out because the only detail that we know is that we can change our minds.  But is it easy to change our minds?  School is still five weeks out and just as the school isn't ready to decide anything, neither am I.  What should we default to if we don't want to make up our minds yet?  What does in-person learning look like?  What about virtual?  I expect they're just trying to figure out where people stand, but then they should have asked it differently.  But...hmm...to tie this into the fruit theme...it's been nice not needing to only buy good fruit for lunch boxes the last several months.  In fact, it was nice not to have to pack lunches completely.

No comments: