Thursday, July 16, 2020

Thursday: the funny things.

1. I learned from a reliable source that there will probably be a butter shortage around the holidays.  Get some extra and throw it in the deep freeze.

2. I had a dream that my foot was getting sprayed by a sprinkler (the ch-ch-ch kind.)  So my feet switched places and then the other one was getting wet.  Turns out a cat was licking them.  Which makes a lot more sense the a sprinkler in bed.

3. For Joshua's math today I had him tell me the two numbers after a number I gave him.  (I've noticed that he always starts counting at one with addition problems, so I want to make the process easier to start at a different number so you can 'skip' counting the first number.)  Anyway, we did a lot of 7-8-9 aughhs! because it kept him engaged in the activity.

4. We went for a walk in a forest.  It had rained early this morning so the forest was damp and wonderful.

5. I have this whole pile to move down the the basement.  It's been growing and growing, but I never want to take the few extra steps to put it in the right place when I'm going downstairs.  It finally hit a tipping point today and I got about half of it down.  The duplo table also got played with for the first time in a while since it moved to a new spot.  Joshua hasn't been playing with it in his room, so I thought we could clear some space and move it to the basement, at least for a bit.

2 comments:

Heather D. said...

I do that with stuff that needs to go upstairs. 😆 It just lives on the stairs for awhile.

betsy said...

I want to know more about the butter shortage!