Saturday, August 8, 2020

Saturday: chef

 A day or two ago Joshua was SO excited because he had made a special dessert for everyone.  It was the first thing he said to me when I got up from my nap.  It was the first thing he said to Ben when he walked in the door. ...but it was a surprise so I couldn't look in the freezer.

Well, he had put food coloring in water and frozen it.  He paid careful attention to the colors though and tried to give everyone their favorite color.  When we had drunk some of the water, he offered to upgrade it at a later time.  Sure, why not.  I put mine back in the freezer.

The upgrade came today.  He put frosting on top of the ice and refroze it.  He excitedly got them out again at dinner time, although I'll admit mine didn't make it to the table.  I tried a bit later and said the prerequisite, "yum", after which Ben told me the boys thought it tasted a bit funny.

No comments: