Thursday, August 20, 2020

Thursday: school of all sorts

Today was the second day of classes.  Students did a better job of keeping masks over their noses, but there were still two (4%) that had a hard time.  While I'd like to think it's getting better, there's also been some ...deserved drama... amongst the faculty about students congregating without masks.  I'd like to be optimistic that we'll be able to finish out the semester, but I realized I don't have a feel for anything other than the few hours I'm there.  Also, the second class was slow again.  I'm going to need a new plan for them.

Isaac and Joshua got their teacher assignments!  It came with a list of supplies to get, which I've been waiting for.  Isaac's class has 29 virtual learners and 10 in-person learners.  What what???  I could understand a *slightly* larger virtual class, but why does a 3rd grade class have 39 students?  I'm concerned but guessing there is a reason, even if I don't like the reason.  We weren't given info like that for Joshua's class.  The good news is that both teachers are at the boys' school.  We were only promised that the teachers would be within the school association, so that was good news.  It would be nice to have a date for picking up supplies from the school since school starts in just over a week, but I suppose one thing at a time.

No comments: