Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Tuesday: well, there's some good news

The good news: I fixed the microwave.  It was still on demo mode from the factory.  (I decided to look at the troubleshooting guide.)  I felt silly for not looking at that first, but I also feel as though the installers should have tested it.

The other news: late Sunday night we finally got some info about the boys' school stuff in the fall.  There was a reasonable amount of information about virtual school.  There was almost no information about in-person schooling, other than your standard procedures (social distancing, masks).  K-5 are not required to wear masks in the classroom, which I find kind of a big deal because there is not enough room to stay 6ft apart, even if they want to.  There was no other information about what the classrooms would look like.  We are supposed to decide by Friday.

I emailed the principal today to ask some questions.  (I'm sure she's overwhelmed.  I get it.)  I got a response back around dinner time saying that later this week more information would be coming out.  However, do the math...later this week probably means Thursday at the earliest.  We are suppose to decide by Friday.  Hopefully the date is modified or they actually get the information to us Wednesday or Thursday.  (Now, there is some flexibility to change before school starts so I need to keep that in mind too.  I'm just not sure it would be super easy to change after Friday.)

This decision is keeping me awake too much.  I think we should do one option, only to think about it and decide it's a dumb option.  So I think we should do the other option, only to think about it and decide it's a dumb option.  So I go back to the original option...

No comments: