Monday, September 14, 2020

Monday: meh

 It was just a meh day.  Nothing really bad, nothing really good.  I'm trying to get remote desktop into a PC set up for a Mac and I couldn't figure it out.  It's a bit awkward because everyone I work with has little experience with Macs and almost all the students have macs.  To make the class work with COVID isolation and quarantine in a few weeks I need to have it up and running, but I couldn't get it and CIT was surprisingly unhelpful.  (They're usually great.)  I have the request in to someone else, but feel like a bother.

Isaac had a dentist appointment.  Joshua had karate.  Several of the observers didn't have masks or weren't wearing them correctly and it makes me feel unsafe.  If it continues I'll mention it, but don't really feel like I have the authority to say something.  I just moved to a different location. (People are spread out well, but...)

I feel about two steps behind and that I'm missing something major.  I think rather than that actually being the case it is just how the semester is going to feel.  Multi-tasking is hard.  I'm trying to accomplish teaching-work, house-work, Isaac's school, Joshua's school, and remembering miscellaneous things all at the same time (often very literally).  It's usually more compartmentalized.  If I remind myself of this sometimes maybe it'll help.

No comments: