Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Tuesday: first day of school

Welcome to the first day of school...at home.

Kindergarten went well.  Joshua was medium excited and all of his class stuff was well organized.  He needed help with the transitions, but that was expected.





Isaac's first day of  3rd grade went ok.  The assignments weren't quite as organized.  (There were a few times we were like, 'ok, he watched the video.  What is he supposed to do with that?')  There were a few links that didn't work either, although those got fixed pretty quickly.  To be fair, Isaac has more interesting websites that were used and classmates that can type, which fills up the chat window faster but also makes one page more cluttered.



The kitties enjoyed being back in the school room and honestly, made a small nuisance of themselves.  If it continues one or the other may be banished to a different room.  Oh, also shown is Isaac reading in our comfy cozy spot.


The chrome books were a bit annoying.  They go to sleep after about 30 minutes of inactivity and then you need to start everything over...any tabs that may have been opened are gone.  This only happened once today, but if it happens on a regular basis I might call the help desk and see if I can get it changed.  The chrome books were nice though in that they go right to a page with links.  We were also done around 10:45 (although Isaac had one more class at 11:45).  It was a bit earlier than I was hoping for, but it was also only the first day.  There's also no specials, so we might add some of those in ourselves.  I was able to get some work done, but it was rather interrupted.  I'm hoping Isaac will be able to eventually figure out a lot on his own, but I expect Joshua will continue to need help.  Which is fine, I just need to plan my work appropriately.

I'm expecting house work will suffer even more than it has in the last two weeks while I've been working.  As normal, I feel like I'm just adding things to my to-do list instead of actually doing them.

No comments: