Thursday, September 3, 2020

Wednesday: second day of school

Day 2 is in the books.

Kindergarten still went well.  Joshua had a bit more work than yesterday, but was still finished around 11.  He also made Grey Bear a hat to match his.


Isaac had a slightly more challenging time.  He had more work than yesterday, and there was a lot of writing.  He's slow at writing.  The non-writing parts went well, the writing parts were a struggle.  I'm also now talking with his teacher a bit about his spelling, because he's a bit behind.  It's a bit awkward, because I need to be involved more at a time I'd normally mostly let things run their course.  Everyone survived with minimal tears.  The teacher was also posting to-do items throughout the morning which felt awkward to me.  I think we need to change our way of thinking a bit and instead of following the to-do list she gives every day follow what is available and just make sure we've done everything at the end.

I even got the kitchen cleaned up.  Just in time for lunch, so it's a bit of a mess again, but at least the dishwasher was run.

1 comment:

betsy said...

Praying that the school year goes well for you and your boys!!! ❤