Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Cleaning

Now that I almost have regularly scheduled time without children, my goal is to clean and declutter the house.

But where to start?  Every place needs so much work.

Guest room - this is actually where I'll probably start, because that second bed needs to be functional again.  It's also a disaster.

Main area - this is where any guests see.  It doesn't need a ton of work, but some.

Master bath - this is where I always think about what I'm going to clean first, so it would be good because of that.

Master bedroom - it has some big pieces of clutter that need to be dealt with.  As I've been looking at it more closely it has a lot of little clutter too.

Upstairs closets - slightly lower priority, but they need to be gone through

Laundry room - should be fast, which could be nice

Upstairs bathroom - slightly lower priority, but it has stuff that can disappear

Joshua's bedroom - I'm going to take down the loft frame.  I know he should be responsible for his own room, but it really needs an adult.

Isaac's bedroom - it needs an adult, even though I feel like he should be able to do most of it himself.  This will probably be near the end, in case he grows up enough by the time I get to his room to do it himself. :D

Office - this is a disaster and is higher on the list.  We're hopefully getting it painted this fall, so do I clean it ahead of time or right before?

Downstairs bathroom - this will probably be the fastest room, but needs a little work.

Large basement room - Stuff has been piling up on the edges that I'd like to deal with

Small basement room - not too bad, but needs some TLC

Small storage room - Just needs a little bit of work, but will probably happen near the end.  I'll figure out what needs to be in it by cleaning the other places.

Large storage room - This needs a lot of work.  The question is do I clean it near the beginning and end (so there's actually room to put stuff while cleaning) or just wait until the end?

Garage - this needs to be done around October

Comments?  So where do you think I should clean second?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for tackling a quick and easy area for your second (and third) project. You'll get a good feeling of accomplishment that will encourage you to press on to one of the more challenging rooms.

Anonymous said...

Oops, I forgot to sign my name!

Annette B.

betsy said...

This is overwhelming to look at but my house needs the same! I have been motivated to "clean" by following gocleanco on Instagram but I need to purge first! 🤪