Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Tuesday: start 2

 I started classes today.  They went well.  The classes need to change slightly because I need to add 20 minutes to each class.  (It's a four credit class that in the past has only met for three hours.  It's always felt a bit weird to me but I wasn't going to complain!)  Most of that extra 20 minutes will be practice, but there are also a few things that have been skipped that I want to add.

Anyway, the extra material that I added was just about the right amount.  We finished a bit early, but it was also the first day.

We were also back in the "normal" classroom and it was wonderful!  I can see most of the student's screens, so I have a better idea if they're keeping up or not.  It's easier to walk around and see if there are any questions.  The students actually talked to each other.  In my second class they were even introducing themselves to each other before class; that doesn't happen a ton anymore.  (People that know each other will talk, but people that don't know each other tend to be on their phones.)

No comments: