Monday, August 2, 2021

Monday: the day got better

The day started off with Joshua not knowing what he wanted for breakfast.  It turns out that I don't have a new breakfast for everyday and breakfast often gets boring.  That isn't to say that there aren't plenty of options; Joshua just didn't want any of them.  

Then I made him put on shorts with pockets.  He was out of soft shorts with pockets so I made him put on - horror of horrors - slightly hard shorts.  It broke him and we had 20 minutes of sobbing.

During that 20 minutes Ben left for work and then he cried because he didn't get to give Ben a good-bye hug.  It's not that he missed Ben leaving and Ben had even poked at him a little bit.  He just didn't get to give him a hug.

Good news though, he continued working on his Lego dragon and had calmed down by the time it was time to go to Ninja Camp.  Both boys seemed to have a great time at it, although pick-up and drop off was a bit crazy.

I did laundry today so that he can have soft shorts tomorrow.  I had also ordered a few more pairs late last week; they should be here tomorrow.  One the other hand, he took a quick shower after ninja camp and put the same slightly hard shorts back on, even though I told him he could wear soft shorts.  So I don't really know what to think.

No comments: