Thursday, August 5, 2021

Thursday: bike

Joshua's making great progress with riding his bike!  (I thought I snapped a picture, but it didn't seem to work.)  We put the pedals back on three days ago.  Three days ago was pretty rough.  Two days ago he put on long pants (to avoid scratches) and changed his starting style to just using one leg for speed.  He got his feet on the pedals, but didn't get much farther.

Today he got a little farther!  He started just before our mailbox and got to the opposite side of the driveway, cycling the pedals several times.  I expect that within a few more days he'll be all set.

I'll admit, I wasn't sure at the beginning of the summer if our 4x/week bike to the end of the cul-de-sac and back was going to be enough to learn how to ride.  Now I think it might be!

No comments: