Sunday, August 22, 2021

Friday/Saturday

 The boys were with Cheryl today, so they set up a "surprise" birthday party for me.  The secret was spilled before it was going to be a surprise, but it turned into a surprise because the boys were so excited.  There were balloons!  streamers!  decorations!  children yelling surprise! And children just being really excited to do something for my birthday.




Then we watched the Tulip Time fireworks.  They apparently didn't get the permit in time, so couldn't have them during Tulip Time.


Saturday was a pretty normal day.  We did some chores and Legos.  Tornado found his lovey again.  It definitely is his favorite toy.  I went to the store for school supplies and groceries.  I think I'm going to admit it: it would be nice if I could just give some money to the teacher for supplies and she could just get what is needed.  I know there are several problems with that and it might add to the workload.  (Although taking apart one twenty pack of glue sticks must be easier than ten two packs, right?)  But then I don't have to guess if thick black markers are needed or thin ones.  What size the sketchbook should be.  There were many specifics on the list, but they don't get all the specifics.

In other news, I was walking from school supplies to groceries and passed a rack of masks.  I've been looking for more masks but they're hard to buy.  Anyway, I glanced at the sign and it said $.50.  I looked again.  Yup, fifty cents.  Normally $10, $9.50 off.  I grabbed a pack.  Then I grabbed another pack, because at fifty cents even if they don't work it isn't a big deal.  It turns out they fit Joshua well, but are too small for Isaac.  It was actually just the kind I wanted for Joshua, although I'm not sure he needs ten.




1 comment:

betsy said...

Oh I bet you'll be so glad you got those 10 masks if your kids are like mine always getting them dirty etc... avoid the constant night before washing! 🤪