Monday, August 30, 2021

Monday: food

Ah ha!  Since it was the first day of school it seems like today's title should be "first day of school".  But the details are all about food.

We'll start with the first day of school pictures.




They got off to school perfectly fine.  I was a bit nervous for them throughout the day, but it was a normal nervous, not a freaking-out nervous.

I headed off to the grocery store.  The aisle that I needed the most from was completely empty.
I know in this weird COVID time there are random runs on things, but I really think they must be fixing/updating the cooler.  The rest of the store was normal.  It was just a bit annoying though.

I did get all the things on my "must do" list finished today: groceries, exercising, Hope-work, emails, cleaning the kitchen.  The other thing was to work on Operation: Clean the house, starting with the guest room.  The goal for today was to clean it enough to get an initial vacuum.  I not only did that, but did some additional cleaning in it and moved some of the furniture back to its original place.

I'm really surprised at how many pieces of crayon I keep finding.  I have a much better appreciation for why teachers ask for two boxes of crayons now...we were having a hard time at the end finding the colors we needed.

The cats at least joined me for a little bit.


Overall, the house wasn't as quiet as I was afraid of.  There was plenty to do and they quiet was nice.  However...expect a lot more cat pictures.

Both boys reported fine days.  Joshua said the best part was tech and the worst part was a leaking water bottle.  Isaac was excited because he got a cookie.  They didn't really have a good day because they didn't do anything...first days are a bit annoying like that.  Joshua did say that he had to write a lot.  Joshua also got home and ate two oreos and two small bowls of Rice Krispies.  I'm not sure I've seen him that hungry before.

No comments: