Friday, May 13, 2022

Thursday: the day

Dad came over in the morning to help with a home improvement project and he managed to do two fixes in about fifteen minutes.  It was one of those wonderful times when the fixes weren't nearly as involved as I had been expecting.

Errands also went pretty quickly.  Groceries were short.  Last week I had a huge list and this week I had a nice short one.  The only thing out of stock is yogurt that the boys like.  They like assorted smooth yogurts, such as creamsicle, cookies and cream, and lemon.  The yogurts were mostly out last week too, so this week I found a honey flavor in a big tub.  We'll give it a try.

The boys had a half day of school, but we didn't go to the parade.  Honestly, they seemed like they could go either way and it was going to be hot.  (I also saw a Facebook post saying that it was super busy and if you didn't have seat reserved by early morning you weren't going to find any.)  I took a long nap instead.  The boys had some screen time, then some play time.  Then they played on the beach and I read in the hammock.  They don't really need my supervision at all; it's just a nice excuse to read.

No comments: