Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Wednesday: grocery shopping adventures

Welcome back to the highly riveting tales of my grocery adventures.  It's a bit annoying that grocery shopping is the most interesting thing of the day, but I'll assume historians will care in the future.  At least, that's what I'll pretend.

Anyway, the shelves were well stocked today.  The only thing I wasn't able to get was cinnamon applesauce in the brand that was the cheapest, because it was on sale.  (Both the big jars and the small cups.)  I also had more time than normal, so I went through my whole list and didn't skip things that I knew could wait another week.  The whole trip took me about an hour longer than normal, but I also returned some pop cans and chatted with some people I met in the store.

The grocery bill was huge.  Between some great sales, needing dishwasher detergent, and being told by multiple people I may want to stock up on some things, it really added up.  I ended up with about $32 dollars of dishwasher detergent, but it was buy >$25 get a coupon for $5...and it doesn't go bad and we don't really go through it that quickly.  Ground beef and frozen pizza were on sale.  I got more taquitos, only to realize that I already had two boxes in the freezer.  Oh well...they'll stay good long enough too.  I did some actual meal planning, instead of just scrounging around, so I needed a few extra ingredients for meals.  I got a few extra of the pantry items in case the supply chain issues do become a problem, but I expect we'll either eat them before the issues affect us or I'll never notice the issues because I stocked up and then don't use the item very quickly.  This especially applies to brown sugar.  I thought I was almost out so I got two bags, but it turns out that I already had one bag in the pantry.  So if you need brown sugar, I'm the person to talk to.

1 comment:

betsy said...

We do love our brown sugar, so I'll keep you in mind if there is a crisis! 🤣🥰