Thursday, May 5, 2022

Thursday: work

I went in this morning to grade for a bit before a department lunch.  Well, that bit ended up being shorter than I expected because people kept coming in to talk to me.  I didn't mind, it was much more fun to talk to people than to grade.  Everything is more fun than grading.  Except that I still need to grade and I didn't finish what I had been hoping to do today.

There was a short meeting after school for band for Isaac next year.  He'd like to do drums, but that is one of the instruments they can't start until sixth grade.  (It seems a bit silly to me, but I'm sure there are reasons.)  So he's chosen flute for at least a year; we'll see what happens after that.

1 comment:

betsy said...

Did we talk about band last week? Ethan also wants drums but it seems he needs another round of try outs. For backup he listed sax but they don't let you start that in 5th grade either so clarinet is first...