Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Wednesday: productive

After yesterday's sleepy day, today felt very productive!  Groceries were purchased in good time.  (Yogurt cups are still somewhat gone and orange cinnamon rolls are back to being gone, but I think I found everything else.)  

I'm driving for a field trip tomorrow, so I finished cleaning out the car.  It's been one of Isaac's chores the last few days, and that helped a ton.  I did a quick vacuum and emptied out some of the stuff from the passenger seat, so it's all ready.

I did the painting for the quilting room.  I'm not sure why I thought I'd be able to finish the room yesterday; the paint was the next thing to do and it would need to dry over night.  I ended up using a roller to get some large swaths of wall...the walls were a mess when I started to look at them!  I know we did some of the dings, but surely we didn't do all of them.  There were also a lot of scuffs that wouldn't come off with magic eraser either.  Anyway, I do feel like it looks nicer now, but some of that might just be my imagination.

I had lunch with a friend!  We ended up talking for 1.5 hours...I was fine with that, but it's the middle of her work day and I felt a little bad about that.

I drove Grandma to the doctor.  This was quite easy, as expected.  I was slightly worried finishing with enough time to get the boys, but it worked out just about perfectly.  (And the back-up plan was just to have Grandma come with me to get the boys, so I wasn't really worried.)

The evening was a bit crazy...the kids seemed especially hyper.  They ended up going to bed a little early because Isaac wasn't feeling great and Joshua had some screen time in bed.

No comments: