Thursday, November 24, 2022

Thursday: Happy Thanksgiving

We had a relaxing morning: we looked through a box of used Lego pieces, played a game, and hung out together.  I guess I should say it was mostly relaxing: it felt like the kids were bouncing off the walls and wrestling and talking in outside voices a lot.

We went to Larry and Cheryl's for Thanksgiving and it was delicious.  I ended up carving the turkey.  It was my first time ever carving.  I'm not sure I did a great job, but I did get enough meat off for everyone to eat and some leftovers.  A few other people picked away at it after dinner to get some of the last pieces of meat.  So now there's one less thing in my life to 'fear' as I have conquered carving the turkey.  (Still up, actually making the turkey.  I'm happy to wait a long time for that one.)


After dinner we talked and played a game and it was nice just being with everyone.

No comments: