Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Wednesday: snow and sleepy

We've managed to keep the snow since our first snow fall on Sunday, which is rather odd.  Usually it all melts the same day, but it's stuck around.  It almost disappeared today as we had a sunny afternoon, but enough stayed around that there was still snow.  It was snowing again this evening and I expect there's a decent chance of school being canceled.

I also had to wake Joshua up this morning.  It's odd but happens about once a year.  It usually takes him a bit to get going, but he manages.  Today he did not manage.  For quite a while he was crawling around on the floor because his legs weren't working.  (This is a "chronic condition" that he has, although it hasn't flared up in quite a while.)  Anyway, he seemed to be doing fine by the time he left for school and so I put it out of my mind.

I got a call from the school an hour later.  He didn't have a temperature, but was feeling tired enough that the teacher sent him to the office.  I was in Meijer and had made it through two aisles.  I grabbed some cheese and headed out to pick him up.  Although it disrupted my plans for the day it was still a relatively good day for this to happen.  He rested for a while and then seemed back to his normal self.  I made him rest again after lunch.  He claims he didn't fall asleep, but I'm not sure he would have just laid on the couch for 1.5hours without getting so bored that he'd do something about it.  The goal was to make it rather boring since he wasn't that sick.  (I do think something was a bit off so picking him up from school was the right choice, but staying at home isn't a reward.)

No comments: