Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Wednesday: finished!

I'm declaring the master bathroom finished!  I had been hoping to finish about a week ago, but sickness and snow days got in the way.  Luckily there's no real timeline, so it didn't matter at all.  Today all I had to do was add some paint to the trim by the window.  None of my sticky things to protect the wall paint would stick though; it was pretty weird.  The painter's tape, a sticky note, wall tape all just lost stick as soon as I tried to apply them.  I decided that since it was a really short area I was trying to apply it to I'd just be really careful.  (This isn't a foreshadow.  It really was fine.)  However, since I had the blinds open Tornado decided he needed to look out the window and managed to get three feet in the wet paint.  He was not happy with me as I cleaned him up.  Besides that, everything went smoothly though.

From the outside, not a lot looks all that different.  I changed the color of the hand towels for more contrast.  The lights are dusted and the hanging origami removed.  The biggest changes are in the drawers and cabinets and you don't really need to see all that.

Before:


After:

Next is the kitchen.  A year ago when I started this project I didn't think the kitchen needed much work but I was wrong.  It needs a lot of work.  However, it is also full of cabinets and drawers so it's easy to do one or two of them at a time.

In other news, the kids had a half day so we started putting up Christmas decorations.  I helped a little bit, but was curious to see how much they could do by themselves.  (I have a picture of Isaac, but Joshua was the one that actually did more work.)



No comments: