Friday, December 23, 2022

Friday: blizzard

 The blizzard did show up!  For most of the day we couldn't see the houses on the other side of the lake.  There were a few times we could faintly see them, but they stayed hidden most of the time.  (This is my measurement of how bad the weather is.)  There were still birds at our bird feeder throughout the day; they were taking shelter under the deck.  The wind was not strong enough to blow the bird food out of the bird feeder.  Oddly, I've seen several news articles talking about places that are closed today.  I really think it should be what places are open because it seemed like everything shut down.


We decided to open our Christmas presents today.  I got a whole bunch!






Around 3:30pm I put the measuring stick right outside the door.  Now, I put it right in the middle of the drift, so it is not that deep everywhere.  (In fact, there is still part of the front walk that is clear.)  It read about 28.5" and by 9:30pm it was over 30".  Joshua thinks it'll be over the stick by tomorrow morning, but I'm estimating 33".  It should probably be noted that we had snow before the blizzard too.  I bet there was at least 12" right there, if not a little more.


We all liked looking outside to see what the weather was doing.

So did the cats, even though Tornado also curled up in between.

Honestly, it was a lovely day!


1 comment:

betsy said...

Very nice family photo!