Saturday, December 17, 2022

Friday: still grading

I had both my exams today.  The day didn't drag quite as much as I was expecting though, so that was pleasant.  I had two students show up late but not too late and since I knew a different class wasn't coming early for the next exam I still let them have the whole two hours.  Really, I could grade in the classroom or grade in my office, so it was easy enough to do.

During the second exam I got an email from Isaac's teacher that he wasn't feeling well.  There was no fever so he could stay at school, but was looking miserable.  Ben had meetings all day so I tried my other options first.  Aunt C was able to bring him home and he was just snuggled in bed when I got there.  I was rather proud of how he dealt with it, honestly.  It was a weird sickness...no fever, but he was acting like he should have had one.  He finally complained about a headache so I gave him medicine for that.  He perked up a bit after that, but was never 100% and wasn't hungry.

We called off our evening plans.  We didn't need to participate in them so it wasn't a big deal.  The boys played Zelda with Ben and I - you guessed it - graded.  I'm finished with the non-final exam stuff and 1/8 through the final exam.

No comments: