Saturday, December 24, 2022

Saturday: Christmas eve

According to my camera, all I did was take pictures of the snow.   In the morning the stick measured about 31.5", but the drift had moved over closer to the house.  The top of that was close to 33". 


We had five blue jays flying around at one point.

It was a lovely day.  We played several games.  Isaac made chex mix.  Joshua wrapped presents.  Ben cleared the driveway (4-24" deep).  I helped with a lot, cleaned the kitchen, and dealt with food.  I was quite excited about how I could oversee the kids and get some stuff done all at the same time: they're getting more capable!

By this evening the snow at the stick was reading around 35".  If you measured the drift between the stick and window it was at the top of the stick, 40".  (You can see the stick in the picture below, but I angled up just slightly so that you actually could see it.  It's sort of under the corn.)  The drift to the left is higher yet.  The weather conditions were much better today.  It snowed most of the day, but I could usually see the houses across the lake.  Also, it's only about 12" or even a little less right by the edge of the deck.  There's a pretty steep drift right now.




No comments: