Thursday, December 15, 2022

Thursday: still grading

I did a little grading this morning, then a few things around the house that needed to be done.  I had lunch with co-workers and then was planning on getting a lot of grading done.  However, people actually came to my office hours for some help!  It doesn't happen very often, probably because there are student-run help sessions at better times, so I was oddly excited.  I didn't get the grading done that I was hoping to get done, but there's still plenty of time.

We went to rock climbing after school.  Isaac had a great time because there were a bunch of new routes, but Joshua had a hard time for some reason.  He was in a mood.  At the end he bought himself a cookie and it helped a lot.

Karate was fine.  We worked on forms for the first part, which I enjoy.  Then self-defense, which I don't enjoy.  I understand it's important, but I just don't enjoy it.  At the very end there were a few minutes of dodgeball and it seemed like none of the kids actually went out when they got hit.  It made me more annoyed than it probably should have.

It was pizza pick-up at work today too; they have fun signs.


No comments: